Walking Animal Challenge

• Auf der Reise durch das World Wide Web habe ich die "Gravity powered Animals" gefunden.

Hier ein Youtubevideo dazu

Das erste mal entdeckte ich sie hier. Von dort gab es einen Link zur Seite des Erbauers, der dankenswerter Weise auch Bauanleitungen und LDD Files zur Verfügung stellt.
    Ich habe sie dann mal nachgebaut. Einziges Problem, ich hielt Ziegelgelb (Legofarbe) für Gelb und nicht für tan, daher habe ich eine gelbe Ente und ein gelbes Kanguru zuhause. Um die Lauffähigkeit zu testen ist die Farbe aber egal. Aber die Lauffähigkeit lässt zu wünschen übrig.

They only work on an incline of a specific angle. Too steep and they will get stuck on their front feet, not steep enough and they will get stuck on their back feet. Adjust the incline until you find the sweet spot (note the optimal angle for the duck and kangaroo are slightly different).
    There is very little friction between LEGO and cardboard, which is why I’m using felt ramps in the video. I’ve found you can also put a bit of masking tape on the feet give their surface a bit more friction. I’ve tried them on wooden ramps as well with some success. Note that the friction is very important. If the feet slip at all, even a tiny amount, they will lose a lot of energy and not walk as effectively.
    For the duck, make sure that the sides of the body aren’t pushed too tightly together. The rear leg needs to be able to swing freely, and if the gap is even a little too tight this won’t be the case. You can just pull the sides apart a bit to make sure the gap is a little wider than the leg. The kangaroo doesn’t have this problem since the legs are on the outside of the body. Übersetzung

Ich habe rumexperimentiert, aber es nicht geschafft, sie zum Laufen zu bringen. nun die Herausforderung. wer bekommt die Tiere zum Laufen und mit welchem Untergrund? Und wer will seine Erfahrungen hier posten? Danke für eure Mitarbeit im Voraus.
    LG Matze2903

Die Tiere fand ich auf der Seite von JK Bricksworld: http://jkbrickworks.com/walking-animals/

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!