This Code of Conduct covers the AFOL.lu Network platform and affiliated functions.
Here’s a couple of reminders and things to consider on how to behave, post and engage on the platform:
- The first rule of AFOL.lu is to have fun
- We are all here with the best of intentions on behalf of our community and its members.
- Treat others members with respect and as you would wish to be treated yourself.
- Expect all submissions to be positive and in good faith.
- Please consider the LEGO Brand values when deciding what to post and comment, this way we keep the environment friendly and non-offensive.
- It can be hard to read people’s mood and if they are joking in a post.
- If you are in doubt, ask instead of assuming the post to be negative.
- If you are posting a joke, perhaps adding it as a smiley or simply putting “(just kidding)” could help avoiding misunderstandings
- Stay on topic, everything AFOL.lu is about AFOLs, Recognized Communities, the LEGO Brand and LEGO related in some way.
- Some topics are best suited for the Community Café, please visit it to find out more.
- Posting spam and/or going off topic is generally frowned upon and to be avoided
- Buying, selling and promoting private business is not allowed
- We do not expect you to give out personal information about yourself or others neither in the forum nor by the personal messenger system (pm).
Often referred to as the LEGO Brand Values, this set of points is what the LEGO Group considers to be outside of the LEGO values and therefore not appropriate for LEGO products or discussions on LEGO platforms.
- Politics and political symbols, campaigns, or movements
- Religious references including symbols, buildings, or people
- Sex, nudity, drugs, or smoking
- Alcohol in any present day situation
- Swearing or profanity
- Death, killing, blood, terrorism, horror, or torture
- First-person shooter video games
- Warfare or war vehicles in any modern or present-day situation, or national war memorials
- Large or human-scale weapons or weapon replicas of any kind, including swords, knives, guns, sci-fi or fantasy blasters, etc.
- Racism, bullying, or cruelty to real life animals
Posting a new topic:
- It is not always necessary to create a new topic, please use the search tool and/or check out the appropriate forum to look for an already existing topic prior to making a new one.
- If you do make a new topic and there already is an appropriate one, the moderation team may move/merge your topic there (either leaving a link or letting you know)
- Replying in a topic:
- Consider reading your reply out loud or rereading it a few times before submitting, this is helpful in identifying where or if the post needs a few adjustments to carry your intentions properly.
- Quoting, it’s rarely needed to quote the entire post you’re replying to. Consider if the quote is needed and if you need only parts of the post to be in the quote.
- Don’t post images bigger than 5 MBs.
- Don’t post preliminary and/or confidential images of LEGO products
- Instead of responding to or going into a heated discussion that you find inappropriate, please report it using the report link in the topic.
- Reporting is not asking for someone to be kicked out of AFOL.lu, reporting is showing concern and letting the AFOL.lu Team become aware of this concern. Any actions taken are entirely decided by the AFOL.lu Team.
- When reporting, please include a short description of why you reported this member or topic.
- All reporting is kept anonymous, names are known by the AFOL.lu Team but will not be shared with other parties.
- Please ensure that your profile is updated at all times.
- First and last name, birthdate and address are mandatory.
- Uncomplete profiles are not valid for membership.
- Signature, feel free to create a signature, but keep it short and free from gifs and banners. A short quote and up to 5 links to your Community’s Website and/or your own weblinks is fine. No ads or affiliate links